Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Spring Card

I am entering this card in two challenges.

Always Crafting - Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. This is color challenge, using a picture that is posted on the website for inspiration.

Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge #47 Weather Forecast
Make a project featuring your favorite seasonal weather (Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter).


Recipe:

I cut an 8.5" X 11" of vanilla cardstock in half. Then folded that in half to make the card.

I cut a light green piece of Core'dinations to 5.25" X 4".  I used the cuddle bug to emboss it, then sanded it lightly to bring out the core color.

The butterfly was cut at 2.5" from the Picturesque cartridge. I sent both pieces through my Xyron then glittered them with Martha Stewart fine glitter.

I added some Prima flowers and a bit of ribbon.

The "Happy Spring" stamp is from My Pink Stamper. I used Stampin' Up Early Expresso ink.

13 comments:

  1. Hello Pholly. Your card is very pretty. I love the way you glittered up the butterfly. I can't wait to spring, and your card put me all the more in the mood for it to get here FAST. We have had a very rough winter here in NY. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pholly, Love the glittery butterfly and PINK very pretty card and thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Love the colors you pulled from the photo! Thanks for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. I love how you put the colors together. The butterfly cut that you used, is my favorite butterfly cut. And adding the glitter just sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, i'm martha from the card boutique i'm a new follower and love your projects ther are the cutest, please visit my blog i have a litttle something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi phyllis...finally i got a chance to stop over and thank you for the love, :P
    i hope you are right about the weather with your entry for the FC, lol. last night it was so windy i even saw some flurries, :( can't wait for spring :P

    hugs and have a great week. come back to visit too :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card turned out so nice! I am a new follower. Your blog is lovely.
    Look forward to seeing more.
    Take care,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! The butterfly is gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Phyllis,
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left your address - I've become a follower. I love your projects - especially your Mom's recipes - cute, cute, cute. Good luck in the challenges.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I have something special for you over at my blog.

    Charlotte
    http://alittlebitofdetail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card. I LOVE the butterfly from Cricuts Home Accents too!

    ReplyDelete